simplehuman will not collect any personal information about you except when specifically and knowingly provided by you. Examples of such information are name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, credit card information, photos, IP addresses, and customer preferences data. Examples of ways in which we may collect such information from you include the following, but not limited to:
- Registration and Ordering. Before using certain parts of the Services or ordering products, you must complete a registration form. When registering, you will be prompted to provide certain personal information, including but not limited to your name, shipping and billing addresses, phone number, email address, and credit card number. In addition, you may also be asked to provide your country of residence and/or your organization's country of operation, so we can comply with applicable laws and regulations, and for your gender. These kinds of personal information are used for billing purposes, to fulfill your orders, to communicate with you about your order and the Services, and for internal marketing purposes. If we encounter a problem when processing your order, we will use the personal information to contact you.
- Email Addresses. Some areas of the Services allow you to enter your email address for purposes including, but not limited to: special promotions on the Services or opening a simplehuman account.
- Third Party Collection. simplehuman may be working with third party services, including Google Analytics and Twitter Ads, to collect user data for conversion tracking and serving ads and contents targeted to users’ interests. You can opt out of such interest-based advertising through each of third party’s own website and methods. For Google Analytics, the service can be based on Display Advertising, such as Google Analytics Demographics. You can opt-out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customize Google Display Network ads using the Ads Settings. In addition, you can use the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-on to disable tracking by Google Analytics. For Twitter Ads, more information on managing privacy settings can be found here.
- Cookies. Like most other websites, simplehuman uses cookie technology throughout the Services. A cookie is a small removable data file that is stored by your web browser on your computer. Cookies are used to provide customers with tighter security, customized content, tracking of orders and shopping cart items. simplehuman, or a third party, may use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as Facebook) to collect information from your activities on the Services as well as other sites for the purpose of providing advertisements and other content that is customized to your interests and preferences. Unfortunately, customers who turn off cookies in their browser settings will not be able to shop from the Services. However, customers who have disabled cookies can still place orders over the telephone by contacting our Customer Support number at 877-988-7770.
- Mobile Apps. Simplehuman's Mobile Apps will connect to simplehuman's server and may collect information about, but not limited to, your simplehuman product information and settings, your photos uploaded for calibrating products, purchase history, and your IP address.
- Automatic Updates. Some simplehuman products and its software may include an auto-update feature when connected to simplehuman's server, which gives us the ability to make updates or upgrades automatically from time to time, to provide additional features, address technical issues, and generally make the product experience better.
We do not sell or rent information about our customers, and all information provided to simplehuman remains absolutely confidential, except that:
- We may share aggregate or summary information regarding our customers with partners, advertisers or other third parties. This data will never identify you personally.
- We may share information with companies that provide support services to us (such as a printer, mailing house, fulfillment company or web host) or that help us market our products and services. These companies may need information about you in order to perform their functions. These companies are not authorized to use the information we share with them for any other purpose.
- We will use your personal information to communicate with you about your orders and deliveries, and we may send you a confirmation email when you register/place an order with us. Also, if you submit your email address to register for special promotions on Site or to open a simplehuman account, we use it to deliver the information to you.
- We may be required to disclose such information in response to subpoenas, court orders, requests from law-enforcement officials, or if we are otherwise required to disclose such information by law.
- We may publicly disclose the name, city and state of the winner of any online sweepstakes.
PROTECTING YOUR INFORMATION
Shopping on the Site is easy, secure and worry-free. We have taken several measures to guarantee that your order and your credit card information are safe and secure. Our servers use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL), an advanced encryption technology that works with Microsoft Internet Explorer (version 3.0 and above), Netscape Navigator (versions 2.0 and above), and AOL (AOL 3.0 and above), and the Site's security has been tested and and verified by McAfee Secure Sign.
SSL is considered the industry standard and is among the leading software available to encrypt online transactions. Your personal information, including your name, credit card number and address, is encrypted so that it cannot be read as it is transmitted over the Internet. Regardless of these efforts, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Therefore, any information you transmit to us is sent at your own risk.
We do not intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen (13). If we become aware that we have collected personally identifiable information from a user of the Services who is under the age of thirteen, we will remove that child's personal information from our files.
OPT OUT / CORRECTIONS
Upon your request, we will (a) correct or update your personal information; (b) stop sending emails to your email address; and/or (c) disable your account to prevent any future purchases through that account. You can make these requests by emailing your request to simplehuman's Customer Support department at [email protected]. Please clearly label the subject line "Opt Out / Corrections," and do not email your credit card number or other sensitive information.
QUESTIONS AND FEEDBACK
We welcome your questions, comments and concerns about privacy. Please send us any and all feedback pertaining to privacy, or any other issue at [email protected].
TERMS AND CONDITIONS